Friday, March 1, 2013

Older and Wiser?

Happy Friday to my blogging friends.  I am sharing with you today the birthday card I recently made and sent to my wonderful father-in-law.  He and I have always had a great relationship.  He's one of those people that you can't help but love!  Here are the details of the card:


Size:  A2
Card Stock:  Bazzill; Core'dinations
Embossing:  Cuttlebug
I used a 2 1/4" circle punch for the circle and used the negative cut.  I then cut the octagon by using the George Cricut cartridge cut at 2 1/2" using the silhouette function.  I placed it on pop-up dots over the circle cut out.
Owl and branch:  Create-a-Critter Cricut cartridge (one of my favorites) cut at 2"
Stars:  Punch
Sentiment:  Computer generated
I also used a Fiskars upper crest border punch for the background behind the sentiment.
The inside sentiment said something to the effect of:  "Well, maybe just older.  Happy birthday!"

Hope you like it.  If you comment, please accept my gratitude!



2 comments:

Threadbear said...

This is such a cute card!!

bipolar equestrian said...

This is just amazing! So cool:) I love this cartridge to and I love the sentiment and little added touches. I'm going to have to try something like this!

Please check out my blog? Im a newbie :) :P
http://scrapbookrodeo.blogspot.ca/